Wednesday 15 May 2013

The 8 square socks

During my stay in Leuven, I managed to spot a very awesome local yarn store and steal some time to go and take a look at their products. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to thoroughly examine all my options, and definitely no time to buy something (I was carrying my luggage and 3 extra sleeping bags at the time).


But since I have friends living there, I thought I could ask them to buy some for me later. That's what I eventually did, and as thanks, I decided to make a 'thank you gift' for the friend that helped me.

I wanted something easy and quick, but it took me a while to figure out what kind of knitted garment to make. I knew that my friend loves crazy socks, so I searched my fav and queue list on Raverly, and here it was! The most genius pattern I have ever come across! 


It's amazing mainly because of it's construction and simplicity, and of course because you can make a pair without knowing any Finnish at all!


It's also an ideal stash buster. ^^

While making the first pair, my boss at work noticed the process and requested a pair for his young daughter. And here I was making the first young child-almost baby socks ever!

Although the first pair was made entirely in wool, I made the second one in cotton, so that they can be worn during the summer, and I have to say, it worked pretty well.



At some point I want to make another pair for myself, but I want to try an alteration to the pattern this time. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment