Wednesday 30 April 2014

More socks!

Remember the 8 square socks? I made a new pair! This time for myself - with ultra vivid colors and a small tweak!



I have actually finished them quite along ago and it's embarrassing how long it took me to sew the pieces together. xD I avoid sewing as much as possible, since I am totally bored even at the thought of it. But these socks need sewing and are awesome, so no place to complain!

I am also bored of knitting the same thing over and over again, so with this pair(3rd) I decided that I am going to substitute the garter stitch with seed stitch. And that's mainly because I prefer it's look much more than garter's.


Did this affect the behavior of the sock? It kind of did: the sock is not as stretchy as when knitted in garter and obviously much thinner. But the size remains the correct one, even though I didn't really count anything other the rows for each colorblock.

Other than that, it's the usual mind-blowing simple Finnish pattern.

Pretty, pretty! Can't stop staring at all these vivid colors! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment