Saturday 12 January 2013

New finds and ideas!

Recently it happened that an old Nikon film camera fell into my hands. And I had this crazy idea: Why not try to use the old Nikkor lens with my DSLR?

The results were very interesting.

I post here 2 of the pictures I took without any editing - just like the original RAW file.


Unfortunately I had this idea when it was already dark so there is a quite a bit of grain, but I really didn't notice at the time, since I was totally into using these lens!

The feeling was amazing - I switched to full manual and made most of the adjustments just by using the lens. It felt like a unique combination of digital and analog photography. 

Which I am definitely looking forward to using more in the future! And also try out that fabulous vintage Nikon camera - I wonder if it works properly!

And on other news, in the last few months I had started knitting a pair of underwear, but I found myself stuck in the one part of the bra. Somehow I couldn't make a symmetrical pair and that really pissed me off, since I tried to make it right at least 10 times. So, I decided to leave the last try at rest and try something different.

Actually completely different - a crazy idea that came up out of the blue. I won't be revealing just yet what it is, but I can show you one small part that actually gave me even more ideas:


Doesn't it look perfect for a mask or a beard base? ^^

P.S: Exam period is on (unfortunately) so posting may be a bit not so consequent. Although there is much to be told!





4 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I've been wanting to do the same ever since I stumbled upon my grandfather's vintage camera collection. Did you have to use an adaptor to make the lens fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to write about this!
      I didn't need an adaptor, because they were Nikkor lens they had the same fit. But when I tried to do the same with the Pentax lens(other camera) it didn't work :(

      Delete
  2. I have an old minolta and unfortunately doesn't fit to my Nikon :-( i should search for an adaptor cause your photos are awesome and i want to try this!
    Also i can't wait see your project finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't wait to see your experimentations as well!

      Delete