Saturday 29 September 2012

The Wings Shawlette

Ever since I joined Ravelry there is one that constantly catches my eye: shawls. And I don't know if that is because I haven't made one yet or because everybody is making shawls, many of them!

So I decided to give it a try. I had a skein of yarn that I didn't know where/how to use, and wanted to improvise (again). So the wings shawlette was born.



It's shape is actually peculiar. If you look carefully you will notice that 2 of the sides are not totally straight. That's because I wanted it to look like more like wings, to have more of an aerodynamic shape.


I tried different stitch patterns, and only one from my knitting book, the rest I improvised. But I didn't use too many because the yarn is striped and I wanted a simple look. The only "fancy" detail is the crochet edging. Which came out totally random, but looks really nice.


It's really warm and just big enough to cover the neck area, some shoulders and the upper chest. But because it's really hot here (still wearing summer clothes!), I can't wear it casually just yet. 


Also for the first time ever, I tried blocking. After the shawlette was finished, I washed it and then stretched it to dry flat. I didn't do a very good job, mostly because of lack of materials and misplacement, but it doesn't really matter. It got stretched and that's what was important at the moment.


Thinking of writing a pattern for this. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment