Wednesday 26 September 2012

Knee warmers

A while back I mentioned that I had a small accident. Because of that I turned out to worry much more than usual about my knees. After having been told by my doctor that biking is almost forbidden for me, something which is pretty important since I bike everywhere, all the time, I decided to turn into protection-mode rather than forbid-mode. And this is what I came up with:



Of course it took me a while to figure it out. I bike whole year round which means that during the winter my knees need to stay warm. So, I thought of knee warmers! 


I didn't want to make something too long or too not-so-fancy. Something practical and versatile. Something that I can convert to boot toppers or just short leg warmers given that I don't need them for the knees at some point during the day.

But as simple as it seems, I used this project to learn something new: the mattress stitch. I love it! It's amazing! It creates an almost invisible finish, and is not too much tight. But there is one weakness: it is not as fast as crocheting the connections.


Now I can't wait for the weather to cool down and try them on! They are so comfy and warm! ^^

PS: I have also written a pattern for them and it is available on Ravelry and Etsy. There are 4 sizes available.





No comments:

Post a Comment